Inti Raymi 2023 – Machu Picchu – Puno – Arequipa
The 24th of June every year the City of Cusco celebrates the biggest religious festival of the ancient Inca empire, the Inti Raymi that coincides with the winter solstice and the harvest.
We invite you to be a part of the Inti Raymi Tour so you can enjoy this magnificent festival our agency RAP Travel has prepared a program that includes:
- The Inti Raymi festival in Cusco.
- City tour in Cusco.
- Tour to Machu Picchu.
- Tour to Puno.
- Tour to Arequipa.
Prices and Hotels to Inti Raymi 2023
|Cities||Touristic Class||Executive Class||Superior Class|
|Cusco||Hotel Principe III||Inka Wasi Hotel
Yawar Inka Hotel
|Yawar Inka Hotel
San Agustin Plaza Hotel
Los Portales Hotel
|Machu Picchu||Hotel Condor Palace
|Hotel Inka Tower
Hotel Inti Punku
Terrazas de Luna
|Puno||Sol Plaza Hotel||Casona Plaza Hotel||Eco Inn Hotel|
|Precio por persona
(Tours y Hoteles)
$1040.00 Per person
$1210.00 Per person
$1370.00 Per person
Itinerary of our program
Day 1: 23 of june
Arrival in Cusco and City Tour
- Arrival in Cusco. Reception and transfer to the hotel.
- Morning without any activity to acclimatize to the climate and altitude.
- 12.00 p.m. Traditional lunch.
- 1.00 p.m. The travel agency picks you up at the hotel with the guide to begin your tour.
- 1.30 p.m. We begin the tour by visiting the temple of Qoricancha and the cathedral, then we will visit the following archeological sites about 3 kilometers outside of Cusco: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay.
- 6.30 p.m. Returning to Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: 24 of june
Inti Raymi 2023 – The Sun Festival
- DBreak fast at the hotel in Cusco.
- 7.40 a.m. The agency comes to the hotel with transportation and your guide to being your tour.
- The 24th of June, the festival in honor of the Sun God, the festival takes place in three historic places, the Qoricancha temple, Plaza de Armas and Sacsayhuaman.
- 8.00 a.m. We gather at Qoricancha (golden enclosure); The principal Incan temple that was devoted to the Sun.
- 10.00 a.m. Plaza de Armas (the old Wayqapata or warriors square); The Incas held the ceremony in this grand square in the middle of an ushnu or ceremonial platform.
- 12 p.m. Sacsayhuaman (from quechua, meaning satisfied falcon): This impressive archaeologic center is situated at 3555 meters above sea level, about a kilometer from the Inca neighborhood “Qolqanpata”.
Box lunch included
Day 3: 25 of june
- Breakfast at the hotel in Cusco
- Transfer from the hotel to the train station in Poroy or Ollantaytambo.
- Train to Machu Picchu.
- The guide will be waiting at the train station to take you to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu for a 2.5 hours long guided tour.
- When you book this tour, you will get to know the most important archaeological site of South America.
- Lunch buffet in Aguas Calientes.
- Optional: You can also hike up to Huayna Picchu or visit the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes (additional costs).
- You will have time to visit the crafts markets in Aguas Calientes.
- 2.30 p.m. or 4.43 p.m. Train to Cusco.
- 7.30 p.m. Transfer from the train station to Cusco.
- Dinner with show.
The agency pays for lunch and dinner.
Day 4: 26 of june
Cusco – Puno
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer from the hotel to the terminal Transporte Mer.
- 7. 30 a.m. We begin the trip to Puno. On our way we will visit some archeological sites like the church of Andahuaylillas that’s also called “The Sistine chapel of South America”, Rachi, Pukara and La Raya.
- Lunch buffet at the Pascana restaurant.
- 5.00 p.m. Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel.
The agency pays for the lunch.
Día 5: 27 of june
Islas Uros Taquile
- 6:45 a.m.Transfer from the hotel to the port of Puno.
- 7.10 a.m. Departure to the islands of Uros.
- We will be visiting atleast two island.
- 8.40 a.m. Departure to the island of Taquile.
- 11.15 a.m. The villagers welcome us and after that we will take a 35-minute walk to the main square.
- 12.30 p.m. Free time.
- 1.00 p.m. Lunch. We will be having a lunch prepared with local products; quinoa soup, trout and mate.
- 2.15 p.m. We descend to the port and wait for the boat that will take us back to Puno.
- 5.15 p.m. Arrival in Puno and transfer to the hotel.
Day 6: 28 of june
Puno – Chivay (Cañon de Colca)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- At 6.30 a.m. the transportation will pass by the hotel to make the trip from Puno to Chivay.
- 12.30 p.m. Arrival in Chivay and accommodation in your hotel.
- In the evening there is an optional trip to the thermal baths of la Calera, where we will be staying for about 2 hours. These medicinal baths have a temperature of 40 degrees centigrade and are good for muscular pains.
- In the night we will enjoy a dinner in a folk club with typical music and dances.
Day 7:29 of june
Chivay (Cañon de Colca) – Arequipa
- (05.30)Breakfast at the hotel. We then head off to Cruz del Condor where we will be staying for about 2 hours, here you can see the grand dimension and depth of the Colca Canyon and also see the flight of the condors.
- Returning we will be able to see archeologic remains, cultivating terraces that date pre-Inca and panoramic views of the Colca Canyon. We will pass through the villages of Pinchollo, Maca, Achoma and Yanque, in the last one we will make a stop to see its typical church, their craft center, the typical dresses of the habitants among other things.
- Arrival in Chivay. Lunch.
- Departure to Arequipa.
- 5.00 p.m. Arrival in Arequipa.
Day 8: 30 of june
Arequipa – Lima
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Our service includes
we recommended you to bring